Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Getting back to it

Well, it's been quite some time since my last blog. An entire second quarter of school has come and gone, and I'm almost finished with the last quarter of my first year of law school. I can't believe it! It's been a fantastic year, full of challenges and opportunities for growth. I have begun to realize some of my weaknesses, but at the same time, I have begun to realize the areas where God has given me strength. In addition, I've started discovering interests I never realized I had!

Adrian and I are so excited that I get to spend this summer with him in Houston. I was hired at Baker Botts, LLP, a law firm based in Houston, and he will be returning to Houston to work at 3 different firms for the summer. We feel so fortunate to be able to spend the summer together and look forward to it very much.

As my family knows, but most of you may not, in the last year I have gained a real interest in health, nutrition, and fitness. Paying attention to what I ate and how my body was functioning was never a real concern for me in the past, since I danced when I was younger and never faced any real health problems. However, when I moved to Chicago, I began cooking for Adrian and it sparked an interest in me to learn more about cooking healthy meals (and let's face it, after I graduated college, I had a lot of time to watch the Food Network). This interest in healthy food transformed into an interest in fitness as well. Adrian and I are very committed to living healthy lives, and we are learning more everyday about how to take care of our bodies as God intended us to. For us, that involves learning to cook extra-yummy, healthy meals at home, exercising regularly (even if it means just taking a walk), and being sure to visit doctors to make sure our bodies are functioning as they should. It has been such a fulfilling journey so far, and we are really excited to take the things we are learning everyday and apply them throughout the rest of our lives.

A few months ago, my pastor was talking about things that we can do to allow God to use us for his glory that most of us never think about. One of the things he mentioned was being the healthiest versions of ourselves. He mentioned practical things that having a healthy body can allow us to do for God's glory (carrying something for an elderly neighbor, for instance). I think God has given me a special interest in these things for a reason, and if I can, I want to help everyone I love live a happy, healthy life! For that reason, I'll be sharing some of my tips on my blog with the hopes that you will take up the challenge to take control of your body and your health so you can serve God with the best version of yourself. I am excited to share our journey with you.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week, and I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment