Sunday, March 13, 2011

{God's Country}

This is how I know I'm back in Oklahoma--my parents and I were watching the news last night, and the weatherman pointed to a storm that's brewing and called it "this little booger." Welcome to God's country.



Man, it's good to be home. Back to a place where people are kind, where traffic is slow, and the only time people honk at you is if you're about to get yourself into an accident or they want to get your attention to wave hello to you. This is truly God's country.

I am so excited for Adrian's and my friends and Adrian's family to come here in August to see where I grew up. I am very proud of my home, and I feel like it'll give people an interesting insight into what makes me, me.

For now, I'm just thankful for a break from the hustle and bustle of big city living and for a comfy place that God has blessed me to be able to come home to. I'm thankful for a wonderful family who helps me feel at rest and friends who remind me what life is (or should be) all about.

1 comment:

  1. understand what you mean- as much as I like living in a city with lots of things to do and keep busy with... its nice to go back to pc once in a while... a LOT slower paced :)

    ReplyDelete