Friday, May 25, 2012

{Five Item Friday}

Today's Topic:  Projects!

I have been in a project mood lately.  I've picked up multiple sets of materials in the last week with which to make things.  I'm really excited to have a little extra time in the evenings to get back into crafting and so I thought I'd share five of the projects I'm most excited about trying out!  Let me know if you have any fun projects in the works!  {Also, check back next week for a tutorial on the towel hooks I made for our home}

#1: A dry-erase board of chores--remember my post the other day about how I try to tackle our household chores?  I currently have the list written on a plain piece of paper, but being someone who's very Type A, I would LOVE to have a list that I can check off every day!

Get the tutorial here.

#2: We often have potlucks at our church and since I typically make the food in the morning before we leave, it's very difficult to carry it out to the car without destroying my {or, let's be honest...my husband's} fingers.  This little cutie should do the trick!

Get the tutorial here.

#3:  Speaking of food, this item is a wonderful way to add a seasonal perk to your table or to give as a gift to a new couple.  I'll be making a set of these for my wonderful friends who recently got married--rather than putting the words to a poem, I'll be writing out the lyrics to their first dance song {in the hope that perhaps they'll use these little beauties for something special on their anniversary or simply display them as a reminder of their special day}.

Get the tutorial here.

#4:  One more for the dinner table--these pretties are a great way to repurpose some old treasures and create a beautiful tablescape in the process.  This would also provide me a great excuse to spend a Saturday morning at thrift shops! {which I love, by the way}

See the article here.

#5:  And finally, you'll obviously need a little bling to wear to that pretty table, so how about a nice statement necklace?

Get the tutorial here.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see these when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of those pretty green beads! You may have just inspired me to revisit my bead collection. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete