Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicago-bound!

My, these last few weeks have been a whirlwind of traveling. Road trip to OK, AZ, and back again, a week in Mexico, back to Houston, and now...off to Chicago for my VERY LAST YEAR of law school. Can you believe it?!?! I sure can't.

So, right now I'm supposed to be packing because Adrian and I fly out of Houston at about 9:30 in the morning. But what am I doing instead? Oh, you know, just writing a little tidbit to my thousands of...er...well, more like 3 readers. (I don't like packing)

Despite my distaste for packing, here are some things I'm very excited about in regards to my return to Chicago:

(1) I get to cook again! I absolutely LOVE cooking and now that I'll be back in my own apartment on a normal schedule, I can start cooking again. I could almost burst. AAAAAND, it's fall-ish, so I can start making all my tasty fall foods!

(2) School supply shopping. Oh, now this is something to write home about. The greatest time of the school year is NOT the last day of school. Oh no, my friends. It's school supply shopping day. Notebooks, freshly sharpened pencils, brand new pens that write beautifully smooth lines. Oh boy. That's a thrill.

(3) RACHEL!!!!! Bestie is coming to visit this weekend! What's better than Chicago in the fall? Easy answer: bestie visiting Chicago in the fall!

(4) Seeing all my friends from school. I am very excited to see all my sweet friends from school whom I've missed so dearly since we parted ways in May.

(5) Entertaining. Again, I absolutely love entertaining, and now that I'll be back in my own apartment, I can have people over ALL the time! I bought new plates, serving dishes, place mats and napkins this summer, and I can't WAIT to use them!

(6) Last, but certainly not least, I'll be a 3L!!!!!!!! This, my friends, is absolutely ridiculous. I feel like I just started law school. Nay, I feel like I was just applying to law school! I can't believe I'm starting my third and final year. Will it be a good year, you may ask? Oh yes. A great year. Although my honey will be leaving Chicago to go work in the big city of Houston, I do believe that my dear sweet friends will hold me up, and because of that, it will be the best year thus far.

Okay, I do believe I've procrastinated long enough. Back to packing I go. See you in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment