Sunday, September 5, 2010

fall!

For anyone who knows me, you know that to say that fall is my favorite season is quite possibly the greatest understatement ever made. I LOVE fall. Crisp, cool air, sounds of football season, my homemade pumpkin bread (well, really, it's a good friend Laura Burton's recipe--I just make it for myself now that I don't live close enough to her to beg her to make it for me anymore), spiced cider, boots, sweaters....I could go on and on. I am so happy to be able to report that I felt my first fall morning as I was leaving Ponca City. Joy? Elation? No, those words don't say enough. In addition, my sweet friend Jackie informed me that fall has officially hit Chicago. Although I'm going on a vacation to a sunny spot this week, my heart will be longing for the sweet feel of fall that is waiting for me in Chicago next week. AHH! What a neat treasure God created when He thought to create separate seasons. As much as I love fall, I must say that I appreciate it even more after spending a treacherously hot summer in Houston. Fall, BRING IT ON!

Also, on a side note: I went to CVS today and what did I see out of the corner of my eye? Oh, only mellowcreme pumpkins. HEAVEN. It's officially fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment