Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{joy of the Lord}

I love when the joy of the Lord brings me to tears.

Today was a frustrating day. I woke up SUPER late, I feel behind in school work, the parking office keeps sending me back with new requirements to obtain my permit, and to top it off, I got a city parking ticket today for parking in an area that I've parked in many times before and where there is no sign requiring a residential permit. Ugh.

Fortunately, the Lord is bigger than all that. I will admit that I had moments earlier today where I just got upset and frustrated and found myself praying for things that just aren't that important in the big scheme of life. That's not to say that you shouldn't pray for little things, because I wholeheartedly believe God delights in us trusting Him for every aspect of our lives, no matter how small. But these things were only selfish and earthly-focused.

Praise God for his love, redemption, forgiveness, and the blessing of the Holy Spirit which reminded me of God's command to be joyful. As I sit down to my studies tonight, I will praise God for his provision for me--for food to eat, a warm place to live, an education, and most importantly, the blessing of a life knowing Him. The rest...well, that's just icing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment