Monday, May 21, 2012

{it's Monday...but we have french toast and projects!}

We had a GREAT weekend this past weekend.  On Saturday, I woke up early (for a Saturday) and made breakfast for Hubs and myself.  It was soooo tasty.  I used a cream cheese-stuffed french toast recipe I found on Pinterest and modified it based on the bread that was available to me on Friday at 10 pm at HEB (it was a hearty cinnamon raisin bread).  Yes, this modification was out of necessity, but sometimes, creating things out of whatever you have on hand makes for some of the best recipes!  I also modified the recipe a little by omitting the milk (I find that the toast turns out a little better if you just use your eggs straight-up.)  and adding a little cinnamon to the egg mixture.  It turned out to be really delicious, and it's definitely something I'll make again when we have company in town.

ready to be dipped and cooked up

taking a bath

After breakfast, my friend Kristin and I packed up a cooler with snacks and Gatorade and headed out to the park to watch hubs and brother-in-law play in a couple church league softball games.  The weather was SOOO beautiful.  (I took pictures, but in classic Katherine style, I forgot to upload them.)  We spent the remainder of the day strolling through The Village shops, just enjoying having a whole free day to do whatever we wanted.  It was so great.

I also picked up some supplies for a couple projects I'm working on.  Currently, we have nothing on the walls in our bedroom.  I've been wanting to do something to decorate in there, but I've been uninspired.  When I was walking through Marshall's on Saturday, I spotted a huge wooden letter M in the children's decor section for less than $10.  I thought that would be just perfect to hang over our bed.  It's a lavender color, but I figured I could easily paint it.  So I snatched it up.  I also found two inexpensive frames that are actually meant for diplomas, but I loved the simple lines on them so I snagged those, too.  I plan to put a couple wedding pictures in there to flank the M.  I'll post some photos when it's all finished.  I also have a couple of other projects and tutorials in the works, so stay tuned!  (Some personalized plates as well as some towel hangers that I created a long time ago for our apartment and just have yet to post.)

But anyhoo, now it's Monday and I'm just tired.  I'm hoping that these projects that I have planned will get me re-energized.  What did you do over the weekend and what are you looking forward to this week?

2 comments:

  1. For a homebody, I had a pretty full weekend, too! Game night with other young couples from church (I love Catchphrase with a big group), lots of errands and actual cooking (a rarity for me) on Sat., and buying my hubs TWO suits (also a first for me) and a college kids cookout on Sun.

    Btw--that stuffed French toast looks ah-mazing. Have you ever tried adding just a pinch of nutmeg, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! No, I have not used nutmeg. I typically only add cinnamon. I'll definitely try it next time, though! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete