Monday, June 11, 2012

{Five Item Friday--In Honor of UC Law Grads}

Yes, this edition of Five Item Friday is 3 days late, but I have a good excuse--I just didn't have time to post it on Friday.  {Not a good excuse, you say?  Hmm...okay, fine.  I'll try better next time.}

This past weekend was the University of Chicago Law School graduation.  I am SO proud of my friends who were able to graduate this past weekend--we went through a lot together and I'm so happy to see them reach this landmark in their journey.  Congratulations, friends!

In honor of the graduation, I'm listing here 5 things that I miss most about Chicago.  Here we go...

#1:  Unassuming, yet super special little cafes like Medici and The Bourgeois Pig.

Medici Bakery, Hyde Park

The Bourgeois Pig, Lincoln Park

#2:  The beautiful flowers planted all around town.

Michigan Avenue

#3:  The water.  I really miss the water.  All three of my apartments in Chicago had beautiful views of the lake.



 #4:  FALL!!! A real, live, perfectly beautiful autumn, complete with a visit to County Line Orchard in the 'burbs that sells the BEST apple butter and has a pumpkin patch.  I would travel back to Chicago every year just to go to this place if I could.

County Line Orchard, Hobart, Indiana

#5:  Local markets, like Hyde Park Produce, with delicious fresh fruits and vegetables.  

Hyde Park Produce, Hyde Park

And there you have it, friends.  My special memories from Chicago.  I wish the new grads all the best of luck.  If y'all ever need anything, you know where to find me.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great city. Hope to visit someday and poke into a cafe or two.

    ReplyDelete