Friday, October 15, 2010

back into the swing of things...etsy's a go.

Last fall, I started making little gifts to give to my nieces and nephews for their birthdays. These little handmade gifts turned into a really fun hobby for me as fall turned into winter. Then, some of my friends began asking me to make custom orders for them and I loved the distraction from my everyday study life so much that I opened an etsy shop.

I had so much fun making gifts for people. Things really picked up when Mother's Day came around. It brought me so much joy to know that these little handmade gifts I was making would arrive in the mail to these moms who are probably accustomed to getting store-bought items but never anything that was made especially for them. How cool to get to be a part of such an important day!

So, then I left Chicago for the summer and went to Houston for an internship. Sadly, I couldn't take my supplies with me because, quite honestly, I would have had zero room for clothes and would have had to wear t-shirts and running shorts to work everyday (they don't really like that at law firms). I was having real crafting withdrawals.

I am happy to report, however, that I am back in Chicago and my supplies, and I am back into the swing of things with my crafts. YAY! When you spend the majority of your time reading legal cases, it is a really nice break to be able to do something creative. This fall, I'm adding two new items to my list of gifts: decorative clipboard gift sets, and college student gift sets. Here are some photos:


I'm really excited about these sets, and I hope you'll take a look at them! For more examples of things I make, please take a look at my sold items or become a fan of my facebook page!

What do you like to do as a break from your everyday work life?

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment